Sunday, February 10, 2008

Conversation

"So how do you like Hooters?" Katy asked me right when I walked into work.

"I don't know, I've only worked with her once but she didn't say a word to Rachel or I. Really seemed to like the guys that were working though. She loved them." Hooters is a nickname Katy and I gave to the new girl who just started at our work. She used to work at Hooters so I thought the name was fitting.

"Well I really don't think I like her. Did I tell you what she did to me on her first day?"

"No tell me!" I was thrilled to hear this story because Katy is sometimes known to over-emphasize things.

"Well, Bob was managing and he's cool ya know so I was texting someone and right in front of me she asked Bob,
'Hey, don't we get in trouble if we text at work, like shouldn't she
get written up or something? She's texting right in front of you,' and then Bob said,

'it's cool, only when Barbra manages you're not really supposed to text.'

So then I looked up at her and said,

'um, it's your first day, so I wouldn't really be trying to make enemies already.'"

"Haha, I can't believe she actually said that. She definitely wasn't friendly to me at all when I worked with her either. We will have to keep our eye on Hooters." What a ridiculous conversation.

3 comments:

elbrando said...

It might be a little hard to follow at the beginning, but that could just be me. Maybe give a little background description of where this took place and subjects before you jump right into conversation?

WonderBunny said...

This sounds like some of the places I've worked.

For suggestions, did she mention anything on how Bob behaved to he comment from Hooters? Or additional the reaction from Hooters after Katy told her it wasn't a good idea to make enemies?

Maybe add something as to what kind of work you do.

Rahjur said...

Great opening line!

Fun conversation, but we need to tie in some new media elements.

Perhaps a link to hooters or hooters related content might work out.

Also, think about moving past quotes for this assignment. Would changing the color of the text or the font for each person be enough to distinguish the different characters?

Think about the tools you have beyond text and what may enhance this conversation and the reader's ability to understand what you are trying to convey.